Friday, July 27, 2012

Cleaning up the Inky Mess


I have all this stuff from Stampin’ Up and for the most part I have found homes for everything however I have never been happy about the ink pad’s living space. Hard to get at, when I remove one I end up juggle or most cases dropping a bunch of them. I have been looking and pricing different ink pad holders and they cost a fair bit. Although I do need one I would rather spend my money on more ink and just deal with the leaning tower of inks.
So you can image how happy I was to see a DIY ink holder on Pintertest. Cheep and sounded (repeat sounded) easy enough to do and to top it off I get to work on a new project. Before I give you the link with the instructions I would like to offer a bit of advice.
1) She makes it look super fast and easy. Maybe it was just me but I found it every time consuming and a lot harder then she made it look, however I apparently can’t cut straight, use a ruler or line the pieces up evenly. All of which is a must with this project.
 2) She suggests using a pair of tweezers or a screwdriver for removing the foam in the slots I found using a skewer worked really well.









3) I found it easier to put together by adding a little of extra glue to the selves to help keep them in place until I could place the sides.





4) When she said she needed help I should have gotten better help then these guys :o)


Overall it was a long............ but fun process. I am not thrilled with the final product however it is not the worst thing I have ever done. Now I have a better idea of how it works my next foam board project should be better.


And here is my final  product

Thanks very much to
and the orginal poster
for posting these great posts and I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment